Whether you are planning to stay put or put your home on the market, consider which projects will add the most value to your home.
- Kitchen remodel–For many families the kitchen is the heart of the home. According to HGTV, you can expect to recoup 60-120 percent of your investment.
- Adding or updating a bathroom–Lack of adequate bathrooms can be a huge turn off for the potential buyer. HGTV estimates you can recoup 80-130 percent of the cost to remodel or add a bathroom.
- Create a great work space–Working from home is becoming increasingly common. Adding or remodeling a great work space in your home can make all the difference.
- Paint–A fresh coat of paint with warm inviting colors can make the home feel new again.
- Energy efficiency upgrades–This is a huge benefit in many areas. If you are selling in 2016, it can give you the edge over the competition.
I offer professional staging services to my clients At times, decluttering and rearranging furniture is all that’s needed. Sometimes, a small remodel project can yield significant returns. My stager will be able to evaluate your home and give her best recommendation as to what home buyers are paying attention and help get your home ready for showings.