THANK YOU! Really – You are awesome!
We are preparing your custom home valuation…
In the meantime, take a look at some of the tips
to prepare your home to get TOP DOLLAR!
Selling your home is one of the biggest decisions you will have to make in your lifetime. Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell so that you can get top dollar for it:
- Clean, clean, clean. Nothing stops people faster from buying a home than a dirty home. Only gleaming perfection will impress buyers. Hire a cleaning service to clean the house top to bottom. Tops of shelves, ceiling fans, refrigerator, oven, showers and bath tubs shining. You will be living in a fish bowl, so keep up the housecleaning and declutter so it stays immaculate as much as possible. Keeping up is easier than catching up. I can offer staging services from a professional to assist you in preparing your home for sale.
- Fix or replace anything that’s broken. It might feel like a waste of money to put it into a house that you are planning to sell, but it will make a big difference when it comes time for inspections. Make sure the dishwasher, sinks, oven, etc is in working condition. You will often end up spending more money in the end if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the purchaser.
- Curb Appeal. We need to spend a little more time on curb appeal as the front of your home is the first thing a potential buyer will see when they arrive. It must have that WOW! factor. It has been said that a homebuyer will make up their mind about our home within 15 seconds of seeing your home. The color of your home, the walkways, the landscaping- that will all be on their mind. Regardless of the fact that you just remodeled the bathroom or the kitchen is gorgeous, if it does not look good from the outside, many buyers will never make into your home. How do you create curb appeal? Consider repainting your home, if needed. Look at the neighboring homes and make sure yours blends in. If painting is not
- Listing Price. I will go over comparable homes with you. It is my job to research and find out what the market is for homes similar to yours in the area that are currently for sale or recently sold. I will make a suggestion last to what you can expect to sell the home for and together, we will come up with a price that is optimal for your home.
- Use the internet. Most buyers look online before they even meet with a realtor. It is important to have high quality photos that show off your home in the best light. Virtual tours on the MLS are also extremely helpful. I offer professional photography to show your home at it’s best.
- Open houses. Open houses are a great opportunity for people to see your home, even if they are not in the market to buy. They may know family or friends who are looking to move.