Top 10 Reasons to QUIT your job and become a realtor!
Do you hate working Mondays? What about 8-5 Monday through Friday? Do you ever wish you had more flexibility?
I hope your answer to all of these questions is “heck yes! But wait what am I going to do instead?” Well you are going to be a realtor! Here are the top 10 reasons why you should be a realtor.
10. You pick how much and when you want to work. That means more time with your family and less stress when scheduling appointments for yourself or your family. If you have a certain time of day that you want to workout or maybe you want to take your dog on a hike each morning. All of this is possible because you are the gatekeeper to your schedule and you get decide what is important.
9. You are the boss of your career and life! There are not many people in this world that get to decide how and where to spend their time. Your life and time is valuable, we do not have enough time in our lives to spend it with the people we love. Children grow too fast and our parents and grandparents are not around long enough. Being a realtor gives you the freedom to spend more time with the people you want to be around.
8. I love people! If you want to be a great realtor you need to love people. Your clients are the most important part of real estate. You need to make a connection with each individual because referrals, great reviews, and continuous support from past clients is how you grow as a realtor. If you are already great with people then this is the easiest reason why you should become a realtor.
7. I used to work 8-5 Monday through Friday at a corporate job and very rarely saw the outside of my cubicle. I knew my job required me to physically be in the office everyday otherwise my projects would become overwhelming. I did not have time for the gym, my kids school plays during the day, or random lunch dates with my husband. It was important to me to be there for my kids and husband. Now we have lunch whenever we want and I have not missed a single school play, dance performance, soccer game, or swim lesson. Becoming a realtor was the best decision I made.
6. Sick time and vacation time are not always an option when you work in an office. Earning paid time off and getting approval for your requests are time consuming. Sometimes your supervisors will not approve your vacation or paid time off because there are too many other employees out during that time. I remember being extremely frustrated when I got sick. I used to feel guilty calling in last minute or coming to work when I felt crummy. It is inevitable and happens to everyone which is why I chose to become a realtor.
5. Being a realtor has made me a healthier happier person. I find time to relax, clean my house, make dinner, catch up on my favorite tv shows (that my husband hates) and take better care of the body and mind I was born with. I think that is important because I want my body to be strong and my mind to be sharp. I want to be at an amusement park with my grandchildren beating them to the top of the stairs. I want to recall memories from decades ago that I can share with those around me. I want to be on this earth for as long as my body and mind will let me.
4. THE MONEY! I honestly thought that becoming a realtor would be taxing on my family and would never amount to more than my 8 to 5 job. I am happy to announce that I was wrong! I firmly believe in working hard for the money you want to earn. Anyone can sell a house but not everyone can keep a client for life. This realization was impactful on my career. I wanted to do more that sell one couple one house. I want to help that couple buy their first home and sell their last home. I do not ever want to see my clients selling or buying with someone other than me. This attitude towards my clients and real estate has made the money train roll in every month!
You are the train conductor to your income!
3. The lifelong friendships! I have met so many amazing people. The other realtors at my brokerage, my broker, my team members, and the support from all of those people is overwhelming. If I ever need help I always have people by my side that are willing and ready to help me. Friendships are hard to find and should be cherished while you have them.
2. The rewarding feeling of helping someone who is going through a stressful time in their life. Moving into a new home is stressful. You have to find the perfect home at a price that is within your budget. That is not an easy task you have to be patient and understanding that this is a major life decision for families. However, when you finally find that perfect house for your clients you can see how happy they are and how much they appreciate your hard work and dedication. It is a rewarding feeling to know that you helped someone through a tough transition in their life.
1. Finally after everything you stuck with me to the NUMBER 1 Reason why you should become a realtor. Please click below to watch my reason for being a realtor!